Thursday, October 06, 2011

Wow! What an evening...

So I just got home from work/sushi making class with my girlfriends/drinks... Such a long long day, good thing I spent it with good friends, good conversations, good company and obvious well dressed.

All I can say about the Sushi Making Class at The Thompson Hotel in Toronto is wow... It was so much fun. Such a great way to spend a night with friends or a hot date ;) in total we made 2 rolls each. The first one was a shrimp tempura role with cucumber and avacado with a miso sauce on top. The second roll we made was a shrip tempura and crab roll with shredded crab, cream cheese and every kind of sauce possible... Spicy mayo, eel sauce, mayo and hot sauce... What more could you want on your sushi... So you are all probably wanting to know what I did about my cleanse/none eating situation I have myself in... Well I think I didn't fairly well... By only having a couple of pieces... I couldn't resist! It isn't often I cook let alone make my own sushi. I would give this 2 very high thumbs up and would recommend it to anyone in the Toronto area! We ended up staying a little longer at The Thompson Hotel for drink at the Lobby Bar, which to be honest isn't really my scene... However the decor and overall atmosphere was awesome! Even though I sip on some very "expensive" and sophisticated tap water and lemon I still managed to have an amazing time. It isn't very often I get to hang out with my girlfriends in a group, as they live outside of the city. They seemed to very much enjoy their glasses of Red Wine, Martinis and Champagne... So wishing I could join in on the fun!

On the down side, my trip home was horrible... A normal 15-20 minute streetcar ride home turned into a 40 minute streetcar followed by a 10 minute walk home. First I waited forever, and I mean forever for the Queen St streetcar then finally once it came we started going only to stop about 5 minutes along because a cop car, fire truck and ambulance were all blocking the tracks. So inpatient me got out and started walking. Thank goodness I was only 10 minutes away and the walk was reasonable in 3 inch heels and at 11 pm. Of course as I am walking home the streetcar passes me... Laughing I'm sure that I got out and walked instead of waiting. Oh well, at least I got to walk off those couple of sushi pieces from earlier that I simply couldn't pass up!

Well it is currently 11:30pm and I am exhausted. Currently I am in bed watching hockey highlits... Speaking of hockey, boo leafs! Clearly you can tell I am a Habs fans! Oops... I am off to bed, hope you all had a fabulous, exciting and busy day like I did...

Till next time,
Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Good day! This is my first visit to your blog!
    We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.
    You have done a marvellous job!
    My blog post - sushi flavors

    ReplyDelete