Tuesday, December 02, 2014

November Beauty Favourites

I can't be the only one that is excited about November being over, the month before Christmas is always such a tease. Where you know you shouldn't be treating yourself to too many goodies cause Santa is just around the corner, but at the same time you can't help yourself. Like usual I couldn't help myself and this month my favourites are mostly new finds with a couple of oldies thrown into the mix. November is also the first month where my skin cries for moisture, my normal skin becomes dry and itchy and my lotion application sky rockets. Queue in the numerous lotions and body scrubs, which you will see below. Well enough chit chat about dry skin and shopping problems let's get into my November Favourites… shall we!
1) & Other Stories Shinjuku Bloom Hand Cream ($8): This lotion has a similar thickness as a body butter but the after feel of a lotion/primer. It is super soft to the touch, moisturising, and smells divine! At only $8, it is perfect to throw in your handbag for everyday on-the-go use. 2) M.A.C Cosmetics Satin Lipstick in Amorious ($19): I have been reaching for this colour no matter what my outfit looks like, honestly my go to lipstick for the fall season. This rich berry brown colour has a satin finish, is extremely pigmented, long wearing, and creamy. 3) Formula X Nail Colour in Ignite ($13): This opaque nail colour goes on in literally 2 coats. This colour is the perfect holiday deep red and it is extremely long wearing; like 1.5 weeks with NO chips! HELLO, life changing! 4) Lorac Pro Eyeshadow 2 Palette ($42): Honestly the best combination of matte and shimmer shadows EVER! The shadows are smooth, pigmented, and very blendable. The colour range is exceptional; everything from neutrals to plums to smokey shadows. Best $42 you could spend on a Day to Night palette. 5) NeoStrata Glycolic Renewal Smoothing Cream 5% ($39): This smoothing lotion is ideal for combination/oily skin and helps minimize pores, brighten skin tone, even out skin pigment, and reduces visible wrinkles. I have noticed in combination with my Luna (see below) less visible pores and a better complexion and texture in my skin. 6) Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional ($37): After raving about the Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer a couple months back I am sorry to say it has been replaced. This primer is amazing, the pore coverage is legit, the texture and smell is luxurious, and the longevity/matteness of my makeup… OMG! Not only is this a much cheaper product it is also a much better product! If you have oily skin with larger pores this product is for you! 7) No Cosmetics No Bleeding Lips Secret Lip Liner ($15): This clear lip liner doesn't just match ALL lipsticks it also helps stop your lipstick from bleeding outside of your lip line. The texture is somewhat like a primer and REALLY helps keeping your lipstick where it belongs…in your lips. 8) Wen by Chaz Dean Re Moist Intensive Hair Treatment in Sweet Almond Mint ($72): This concentrated treatment helps with strengthening and repairing brittle hair while enhancing shine, frizz, volume, and texture. It's an extremely thick formula that instantly absorbs into each strand adding the moisture you've always needed and wanted. I usually leave it on for 3-5 minutes while I'm washing my body or shaving my legs and then rinse.      9) LOVEFRESH Pomegranate Scrub ($30): By far the BEST scrub I've ever used! I have been using this brand for years and it just doesn't compare to any other. It has the most unique texture, leaving the skin feeling hydrated and lotioned. I even sometimes shave with the after product. Not to mention this scent is unbelievable and might have replaced the Vanilla scent. 10) Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Peony ($25): I have been wanting to try this product for a long time and honestly now that I have I don't know why I waited so long. I was lucky enough to pick up a Holiday Set from Sephora featuring 4 mini lipsticks and highly recommend them. If you can still get your hands on that set it is well worth the $30. This matte lipstick goes on creamy and extremely pigmented but doesn't leave your lips feeling crack and dry; there is a constant creamy feeling on your lips. And long wear doesn't do the longevity of this product justice. I mean when you can go to work for 8 hours and not have to reapply, you've found a gem! 11) Arbonne Pampermint Body Lotion ($37.50 similar): I have been using this lotion on my feet at bedtime, literally been covering my feet in lotion and putting socks on them overnight. I love Arbonne products and this lotion is no exception, the mint scent is so intense it leaves any surface the lotion touches feeling cool and moisturized. 12) Foreo Luna Mini in Purple ($159): Similar to the Clarisonic, this face wash device helps clean skin 100% better than only using your hands. The major benefit of the Luna is the silicone body, it is so much more sanitary and doesn't require replacement heads like the Clarisonic. I have noticed amazing results, blemishes have disappeared, my skin is smoother, and my oily complexion has calmed down significantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment