Monday, May 07, 2018

April Beauty Empties + Mini Reviews

1. Glamglow Powermud Dualcleanse Treatment: Left my skin feeling extremely cleansed, getting into my pores and leaving them detoxed and smaller. I found it had an interested texture and a pleasant smell.
2. The Body Shop Home Fragrance Oil - Vanilla & Tonka Bean: Loved this scent, sweet yet woodsy. Was perfect for Fall/Winter, as it really warmed up my condo.
3. Pūr~lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum: I really enjoyed this, as it helped keep my under eye and eyelid hydrated. I was lightweight and felt great under my day/night eye creams. 
4. Make Up For Ever Excessive Lash: There was nothing about this mascara I liked. The bristles on the wand were useless, was to short and full therefore not grabbing lashes. Because of that it went on extremely thin and would not billed.
5. Bite Beauty Line and Define Lip Primer: This is a must if you wear a lot of Matte Liquid Lips. It acts as a moisture barrier between your lip and the lipstick. I find it also helps prevent staining. 
6. Christian Dior Diorshow Maximizer 3D Lash Primer: Another product I couldn't live without. This helps my lashes keep their curl, fullness, and length. I use it everyday under whatever mascara I am using at the time. Love! Love! Love!
7. The Balm Mad Lash Mascara - Black: Loved this formula. It helped lengthen, separate, and curl. The small bristled wand and soft curved shape grabbed all my lashes from inner corner to outer. The only negative was the smell, it was very strong.
8. Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eyeliner: The reasons why I did not like this product had nothing to do what the eyeliner itself, but everything to do with the packaging. The liner was extremely black, went on smoothly, and stayed in place. However, trying to sharpen this liner was impossible, it would never sharpen, just break. 
9. Satin Care Shave Gel - Passionista Fruit: Nothing special, added subtle hydration and helped avoid nicks. Also had a pleasant scent. 
10. Bioderma Micelle Solution - Sensibio H2O: My go to micelle water. Excellent at removing makeup and a quick way to freshen up after the gym. I literally could not live without this product.
11. Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior Eye: Lightweight formula that felt nice under my day/night eye creams. I don't struggle with dark circles, so I didn't see a lot of results, however helped brighten. 
12. Sephora by OPI Nail Colour - Call Your Mother: I loved this colour and formula. I was so upset when it started to get old and clumpy, especially because it is no longer available. 
13. OPI Nail Lacquer - Pink Outside The Glossybox: This formula is horrible, extremely streaky and translucent, no matter how many coats you put on. 
14. Batiste Dry Shampoo - Coconut & Exotic Tropical: My all time favourite dry shampoo, which I repurchase over and over again. This scent was also really nice. 
15. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser: Extremely gentle cleanser leaving my face feeling cleansed but not stripped. It had a soothing cucumber scent and gel texture. 
16. First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Bouncy Mask: This mask was great at firming and tightening my skin and pores. It had a gel like texture which was easy to apply and a little went a long way. It did cause some temporary redness, however went away within 10-15 minutes. 
17. Pore & Spot Care Mask: Used during a small break out; it soothed and calmed the areas, leaving my skin smooth and less irritated. 
18. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lotion: This saved my skin throughout the Winter. Lightweight and easily worn under clothes during the day. Helped relieve itching caused my dry skin, helped with flaking, leaving my skin hydrated throughout the cold months. 
19. Dr. Jart+ Shake & Shot Instant Hydration Boost: Such a fun rubber face mask, which isn't just a gimmicky product. This left my skin feeling extremely moisturized and hydrated. Easy to apply and remove, probably the only peel mask that has worked for me. 
20. Beyond Herb Garden Tea Tree Mask: This mask smelt great, very calming. It also left my irritated skin feeling soothed and redness was noticeable reduced. 
21. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz - Dark Brown: My all time favourite eyebrow pencil. It is so easy to use and create natural looking fuller eyebrows. 
22. Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask: This mask left my skin feeling brighter, smoother, and softer. Slight tingling and redness is expected, however the results are worth it. 
23. Caudalie Instant Detox Mask: This mask left my skin feeling completely detoxed. My pores were clean and smaller, blemishes reduced, and fine lines smoother. I loved these samples so much I purchased the full size. I think that speaks enough for itself. 
24. Saturday Skin Featherweight Daily Moisturizing Cream: I really enjoyed this during the day, as it did not make me feel overly greasy and felt great under makeup. Definite potential for my next daily moisturizer purchase.
25. Bio Belle #primer: Didn't notice any real benefit to using a priming sheet mask instead of a primer. It left my skin feeling great and makeup wore well over top, however need to leave on the sheet mask for 5 minutes, so time is definitely needed. 
26. dr. brandt PoreDermabrasion: I loved this! A pore focused exfoliator that truly changed my pores for the better. I used it 3 times a week, usually at night, and I saw visible results. Not only did the exfoliator clean out my pores, I found my serums and creams sunk into my skin better. 
27. IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara: I loved this mascara. It was the perfect balance of thickness, length, volume, and curl. A full bristled straight wand, that still created holdable curl.
28. IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo: I hated this dry shampoo. The formula felt wet on my hair and once dried was wax feeling. I felt like it would not sink into my roots and left my hair hard and hard to style. 
29. Organic Feelings The Coffee Scrub - Coconut: I enjoyed this. It was great during the Winter months when I needed a aggressive scrub to help with flaking, however it was extremely messy. Leaving my shower greasy and somewhat dyed from the coffee. Smell was great though and for the little amount of product in the package I looked past the mess. 
30. Skin Planet Daily Free Garden Mask Sheet - Bamboo Water: This was the perfect mask for a day outside and wine tasting. Helped rehydrate my dehydrated skin and left my skin feeling extra moisturized and not greasy. The only negative was the sheet mask had way too much product on it, making it way too wet and therefore didn't say on my face very well.
31. Faith in Face I Want Perfect Makeup: I had the same thoughts and results as the above Primer Sheet Mask. Didn't find the 10 minutes worth it when I could have used my normal primer. 
32. Proud Mary Cereal Pore Mask Pack: This mask left my skin feeling plump and hydrated. Had a great spa-like smell. Peppermint Oil left a cooling effect on my skin both during and after removal.
33. no:hj Aloe Mud Sheet Mask: Such a cool mask, it was translucent with gold lace printed throughout. But beside the visual, this mask soothed, hydrated, and calmed pimps. I loved everything about this mask!
34. Grace & Stella Eye Mask: Left my under eyes feeling plump, hydrated, and brightened. Great after a late night out or a long day at the office. Once downfall was they masks did not stay put, they slid down my face during the time they needed to stay on. 
35. BellaBeauty Detox Charcoal Clear Skin Pore Strips: Not the best nose strip I've used, however does a decent job of removing black heads and minimizing pores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment